AOP to open nominations for new Council representatives on 16 February
The Association of Optometrists (AOP) is inviting its members to put themselves forward as AOP Council representatives. There are six designated positions and one regional vacancy open for application:
- Newly qualified / Early career optometrist (up to three years post-registration)
- Pre-registration optometrist
- Undergraduate student optometrist
- Franchisee / Joint venture partner
- Dispensing optician
- Academic optometrist (i.e. substantive job role at a university optometry department)
- South West England regional representative
The AOP Council ensures that views from across the optometry profession are represented in AOP policy and aid the development of its member services.
AOP Chairman, Dr Julie-Anne Little, called on members to come forward, saying: “Help us be the leading voice that advocates for positive change to shape the profession”.
All eligible members are encouraged to put themselves forward from Wednesday 16 February before the nomination deadlines passes at midnight, 16 March.
The appointed candidates for open positions will be decided on by the AOP Appointments Committee. The results are due to be announced in May.
For more information, including the role of Councillors, eligibility criteria, and appointment process timeline, visit the AOP website, www.aop.org.uk/council-appointments-2022